I know that all NONE of you were lying awake in bed at night because you were SO excited for me to post pics of the talent show and tell you about it. Well, I'm a flakey-flake who forgot to get pics from the yearbook drive (at school). I also refuse to write about it until the pics are available. I want you to be able to visualize it!
We did timed 800s at track practice for the 3200 m relay, to see who would be in it this year. Last year our team was Uncle Casey, Aunt Ali, Bird Face, and Moi, and we made it to States! This year the same people tried for it with the addition of our cross country buddy: Monkey Face, along with like 3 fresh'uns, including Stringy-Haired Girl and Hurl (and un-nickname-worthy other fresh'un). The order was this:
1. Bird Face- She is the bombingest 800 runner EVER. It is solely because of her that we made it to States. She's also really fun even if she's a little competitive. But, who really cares? She pushes me to try my best in practice. Don't let the not-so-nice nickname mislead you. She's a deffo track buddy and I'm glad she's on the relay.
2. ME!-I was a little bit after Bird Face. I was happy with my place. I actually tried for a good time, and it was windy, so it would have been really easy for me to let myself jog it out. I'm pretty sure that if OUR COACH HADN'T MESSED UP OUR TIMES I would have been in the low 3:00s.
3. Monkey Face?!?!?- In the words of confused monkey: "Wha-a-a-at?" *Bats eyelashes* She really has been surprising me this year in track season. In cross country, she could barely finish a 3 mile run at a slow jog, and this spring she's been pushing herself alot in practice during the few long distance runs we've had. During her timed 800, she was actually up with ME for a while, but then slowed down towards the end.
4. Aunt Ali- the last member of the relay team, if this is any indication of who's going to make the team. I LOVES Aunt Ali, she's really determined, but she's not a great runner. She always had the worst split on our relay team last year, and I was really secretly hoping (for Annie's going-to-states's sake) that she'd get bumped off the relay team. Is that terrible? Maybe.
5. *SOB* Uncle Casey?- Whyyy? U.C. ALWAYS does this! She's all gung-ho about a race/meet, and then at the last second, sha says "You know, go on without me guys. You're all good runners, and I'm all old and decrepit." She NEEDS to be on our relay team! She needs to! After the 800 run we did today, that she didn't even TRY at... she even said "Oh, I saw that [Monkey Face] was up by you guys, and I didn't want to pass [Aunt Ali.] I'll just be your cheerleader/team mom again." Now, I don't know if she truly let Aunt Ali win, but I know that if she had been TRYING she could have been up there with Monkey Face. This is oing to totally RUIN my Junior 3200 relay experience! If we make it to States, we won't get to take Uncle Casey, and I'll have to spend the whole track season with MONKEY FACE!
6. *sniff* A while after Uncle Casey, came un-nickname-worthy fresh'un. there was no contest as to whether or not we'd beat ALL 3 of the freshmen.
7. Stringey-Haired Girl brought up the rear. She had said at teh beginning that she definitely didn't want to be on the relay team or even the 800; she just wanted to go outside. Whatever. *Is still pouting about Uncle Casey*
AND ZERO'eth PLACE. Hurl. She quit halfway through because she had to get her inhaler. She's not as conditioned as the rest of us; she'd been sick for like two weeks, and missed a whole week for the play, also. Still, silent victory for Annie! [JUST KIDDING I have resolved to make Hurl my track buddy. Besides, we are now united, with Little Wheeler as a common enemy.]
I'm going to look up inspiring track quotes and decoupage Uncle Casey's locker with them.
Adios, puntos!
Astrid. (did I already do that name?)
P.S. SOLAMENTE UNA VE-E-EZ!!!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment