Thursday, April 23, 2009

Track Meet!

So we went to Frankfort for our track meet yesterday, and it was probably the funnest one so far this year. [Funnest???] I promised to tell you about it, but first I'm gon' tell you about the beginning of my day.

We had a Trashion show at school today. You know, trash + fashion? *slaps knee* and I got 3rd place. My dress was a clear shower curtain that I collaged with magazines, painted with acrylic paint, and then spray painted [on the inside] silver, so you couldn't see my Annie-nips. I wore it with silver shoes, and I styled my hair into an enormous beehive, with lots of silver makeup. I had so much fun! At the assembly I walked to "North American Scum" and at the end, I blew a kiss to Mr. Stewart, my *hot* English teacher! His face turned bright red, and it was adorable. In the pictures, though, it looks like my boobs are going to pop out of it! I was tired after the show, and kind of leaning on Olam. *wink* I would tell you what my friends' outfits looked like but no let's talk about ME.

The assembly was 6th hour, and then shortly after the show we were dismissed early for our meet. U.C. and I sat next to each other, and we listened to "Every Time We Touch" by Cascada, "Say My Name" by Destiny's Child, [I know!!!] and "Grace Kelly" by Mika. And of course, by 'listened", I really mean sang at the top of our lungs and made appropriate hand gestures while party boy-ing in the bus seat. The people behind us got smacked a couple times in their face by our ponytails. At the meet, Jew, Bird Face, U.C., Aunt Ali, and I hung out, finding ways to fit Jew's name into songs, and making up cool Jew catch phrases, i.e. Jewnicorn, Jew-puffs, Jew Mittens. [Don't worry, I'll tell you the story behind Jew. Just scroll down to the bottom if you must know now.] OH! Monkey Face was there, too. That's important!

I was signed up to run "The Big Four"; 3200 relay, Mile, 800 run, 2 mile. [This all adds up to 4 miles in one meet. Learn the metric system! And, yes, I know I stole that from somebody's tweet.]

I'm the 2nd leg in the 3200 relay. Bird Face ran first, and speed demon that she is, she stayed in 1rst for most of it, until the very end when a Suttons Bay girl beat her. She is REALLY good at running 800s. When I ran, I made the gap larger between us and first, and we were in 2nd by like, 20 meters. Aunt Ali i sthe slowest on our team, even though we all LOVE her forever, and made the gap more like 40 meters. Then, Monkey Face started out at a normal pace, then gradually got faster. It was like one moment I looked and she was 40 meters behind Suttons bay, and then I double take and she's like 2 meters! She kicked it in at the last 200 meters, and passed her, getting us 1rst place! I was SO proud of her! I was not expecting that at all. Overall, i think my split was better than Monkey Faces, which is odd. I got a 2:50, and she got a 2:54. Bird Face, of course got a 2:46.

Chris T [yes, the one from Dream Post #1], Aunt Ali, Monkey Face, and I were getting ready for the mile, when we saw Devon, his brother, crumping on some slutty Frankfort girl who went to our middle school. This is the same kid who was making out with an 8TH GRADER before our invitational. With Chris' enthusiastic blessing, Monkey Face and I divulged a plan. First, Monkey Face sidles up to Devon, embracing him in a VERY romantic way. I was a little surprised to see this coming from Monkey Face! She gave Frankfort Girl a dirty look, and said "Baby, who's this?" Devon stared open mouthed, and Monkey Face went on; "You promised me you wouldn't talk to other girls when I'm not around!" *Devon mutters something* "Yes you did! You said it to me on the phone, last night. Remember?" This invoked a panicked look on Frankfort girl's face as she stammered "We were just talking! I'm just sitting here, ma'am!" Monkey Face stomped off, and then I acted out my part: After she left, I moved in on Devon, super-close, and said, "Later tonight, you coming over?" He tried to speak, but I stopped him. "Call me." I leaned in closer, grabbed his butt, and walked away.

Mile. Mile, Mile, Mile, Mile, Mile!Aunt Ali and Monkey Face ran this with me. I was in first for the first 800, but then two girls, [including one that had been blocking behind me the whole race] passed me and I wound up getting 3rd with Ali about 200 meters away, getting 4th. Monkey Face jogged the whole thing, because she had never ran that event and just wanted to get a feel for it. I got a 6:19, which is BS. Back in the day, when I was a sophomore and good, I could get 5:50s. *SIGH*

There was some drama about Bird Face having to run the 4 x 100 relay, but I wasn't really involved. U.C. ran the 400 open, 300 hurdles, and had to run the 800, too, and they're all next to each other!

Bird Face, U.C., Ali, Monkey Face and I were all getting ready for the 800 run when we had the idea to stay together and link arms to finish the race together. Bird Face wasn't obligated of course, because she actually has a chance of placing. [which she did] So for the first lap all four of us ran together, and linked arms when we were by the crowd. Then we broke apart and kicked it in the 2nd lap. I had a ton of energy left, so I passed one girl. I felt really bad though, because I didn't even feel tired afterwards.

There is only a 200 dash between the 800 run and my 2 mile, but so much happened! Granted, there were a lot of heats. U.C.ran the 2 mile with me, even though she made it CLEAR she was just jogging.

While we were getting ready... WE SAW THE 'SHARE THE WILL' GUY!!!! Last year Regionals were in Frankfort, and there was this one dude who was like phsycotic or something, who kept walking past our tent with his dog on a leash and a plastic bag full of cans, muttering "Sh-sh-share teh will, share the will" [we later found out he meant "Share the wealth" but he will live on forever as "Share The Will" Guy] he did this like 20 times, sometimes with the dog, sometimes with just the bag, a couple times on a moped. Some choice phrases from "Share The Will" guy:

"My dog can catch a hundred squirrels in 5 minutes."
"I can pick up 50 girls on this [moped] in 5 minutes."
"Better get th-th-these pretty girls out of the rain!"
[After trying to rev his engine] "Damn squirrels!"
And of course, "Share the will." [We got that on the back of out t-shirts!]

Bird Face says she saw him pick through the trash, find an apple, and eat it.

Anyway, we saw him at this meet. He just had the bag of cans, and a raincoat, and he was picking through the garbages. Then he left. Nothing interesting, but we were so excited to see him! We pointed him out to all of the freshmen who had never seen him before, and reminisced about our first encounter with him. It put me in such a good, hyper mood! We got 2 pictures of him.

Anyway, back to the 2 mile. I started out... up there, I guess. [they ran boys and girls together, so it was hard to tell what place you were. Two girls passed me that I can remember, and I lapped poor U.C., who got last. I think I wound up getting a 14:o5, which is terrible! I felt like I was going a lot faster. I used to get 12:40s my sophomore year! I don't know what's going on with me this year. I almost cried.

My good mood improved pretty quickly when I was walking back to the bus with Bird Face, though. We saw Devon with, guess who? Frankfort Slut! I immediately dropped my bag and purse, sprinted up to them, wedged myself between them, [they were close] and leapt into Devon's arms. I had my arms wrapped around his neck and was straddling him. Seriously. I was lucky he even caught me, but then he totally grabbed my ass. Ewwww! I stayed in character though, lacing my fingers into his and marching him away from Frankfort Slut, who slinked away sheepishly. Bird Face was cracking. up. It was the most fun.

On the bus, there was more singing and general good feeling, because for once, we agreed with the boys who wanted to stop at McDonald's on the way home. McDonald's was packed, because Manistee, who was at the meet, was also there. While we were in line, with people swaying around us, and our coaches distracted, I kept trying to pressure Travis, a sophomore, into stealing a big cardboard poster for me. It had some mocha thing on it. I didn't actually think he had the balls, but after some plotting and persuasion, the kid ripped it out of the display, folded it in half, shoved it in his shirt, told me what food he wanted, an sprinted to the bus. I was sooo excited! I bought him some food and sprinted to the bus, where I launched myself onto him, exclaiming over and over how proud I was and what a bad ass he is. The poster is in my room as we speak.

So then there was more fun on the bus, and then we got home. I haven't had a meet with this many good memories since freshman year. And now it's all documented! Awesome.

I'm off to bed. It's past my bedtime. Tomorrow I have our invite, the I'm going to a *real*
Trashion Show in Traverse City with some friends and my art teacher, and then some more friends and I are going to the late showing of the movie, "Obsessed". So, I'm sure I'll have more to write about! Adios!

As promised, the story behind Jew. This actually happened in reigionals in Frankfort. We were all in our tent and our coach was telling us who was running which events. When she wrote "Jen", Jew's legal name, she made her "N" all loopy so it looked like "Jew". I knew this, but I was ebing a smartass and said "Who's Jew?" Ever since then we've called her Jew, and she's been really chill about it. I'm glad, because it would have sucked if she was all defensive or something. It's perfect, because she's a sophomore and blonde, and she's like the smallest person you've ever seen, so when you see her you just say "Je-e-e-ew!" In a high pitched voice. It's so cute. I wish I had that nickname. Nowadays she even joins in the fun. Before she only laughed at our Jew jokes, but now she contributes. For example, she invented "Jew Puffs", and before every race she rubs her Jew Luck all over me. This is how great memories are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment